Sunday, May 2, 2010

Creme Brulee French Toast

If you are in the mood for total decadence, this is the breakfast for you! Thanks once again to my friend, Brittney, who announced she was making this recipe for her family on Easter. I knew I had to try it so I begged for the recipe, and now I can share it with you!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
Bread, sliced, to cover butter mixture
(a big french loaf or baguette is perfect--sliced about 1-inch thick.)
5 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Half-and-Half/Single Cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt


1. In a saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.
2. Pour into 9 x 13 glass pan. Arrange bread slices on top.
3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, half and half, vanilla and salt.
4. Pour egg mixture over the bread. Cover and chill overnight in the fridge.
5. The next morning, bake uncovered at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Using a spatula, flip pieces over to serve, so brown sugar is on top. :)
ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I have guests visiting right now and these will be perfect for tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete