Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Feta & Walnuts

This is a great spring-time or summer salad for warmer days, or whenever you can grab a basket of big, juicy, fresh strawberries. My friend from college, Brittney Blunt Jacobsen, was the first person to ever serve me this salad during one of our dorm dinners my senior year, so I always credit her with the recipe. I’ve made it hundreds of times, and it’s always a crowd pleaser.

Ingredients:
(Adjust quantities of all items to suit your taste & desired number of servings)
Fresh spinach or baby spinach leaves
Fresh, ripe strawberries
Very thinly sliced red onions
Crumbled feta cheese
Dried cranberries
Finely chopped walnut pieces

Add all items to your salad bowl and toss with a bottled raspberry vinaigrette. I have tried lots of store-bought dressings, but my favorite brand is Annie’s Naturals Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Lauren! It really is a wonderful salad... and, yes, Annie's is the best raspberry vinaigrette!

    ReplyDelete